About Delhi Bound.

My husband has always had "international" in his blood. While working for a major airline before we met/married, he worked overseas in 3 different countries. He loved his time overseas, and while he never lived as an expat WITH a family, he knows what he's doing in that environment. He's good at it.

Dare I say, he was made for it?

My family also has some pretty serious global ties, as my mother lives in Kenya, my father recently returned from Japan, my uncle spent some time in China, my grandfather served in Korea and we have other distant relatives all across the world.

Terran and I spent time in Africa with my mother when he was just 10 years old, and from that moment I realized that being in a foreign country, in a strange environment and surrounded by people who didn't look like me - was actually ok. It was even more than ok, as it was exciting, educational and exhilirating.

I have always tossed around the idea of raising our children to be internationally savvy and when this employment opportunity came up, my immediate reaction to Todd was:

WHY NOT?

Of course, everyone's first reaction to US is:

WHY INDIA?

To which, I again say ... WHY NOT?

Sure, there are other locations that might be a bit more glamorous ... and certain areas of the world that might hold more appeal. The bottom line though is that with our family unit intact, it doesn't matter where we are physically located.

We are able to introduce our children to a culture that will impact them for the better. They will live a portion of their childhood surrounded by beauty, truth, reality and in the end ... will have a much larger base of friends, family and experience to draw from.

Making this move was a family choice.  This was not a government assignment.  This was not an employment transfer within the same company.  This was not a situation of "Daddy lost his job". 

This was an intentional choice and opportunity that we CHOSE for loads of reasons that we are aware of ... and probably for many reasons that we have probably yet to truly find out! 

Welcome to our life, Delhi Bound!